One thing I always worry about: my resume and my experience. I constantly obsess over making sure it's perfect, tailored to the position and ready to go. I've also edited a lot of resumes and given a lot of advice on how to make a resume the best it can be for my friends, boyfriend and coworkers. There's no magic resume formula, but there are things you can do to make sure yours at least gets to the right person and isn't immediately rejected.
Check out these posts for more help, advice and laughs:
- 11 senior digital marketers about mistakes they've seen in this post.
- NEVER put LOL on your resume!
- Another great post from Forbes with solid information
- Good advice here too - leave off the objective statement and put a more creative heading
- Don't attach a Word document! Always send as a PDF so formatting doesn't get lost.
- Tips on being more strategic about what you put in, and what you leave out of your resume.